"Liz Smiley challenges me as an entrepreneur. Each week she creates an action plan, and then makes sure I'm on track to fulfill my goals. She ensures I'm empowered and truly perform like a bad ass business woman." -- Jessica Kizorek of www.badassbusinesswomen.org

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Daily Grind

I love making a difference. I love working with people and having them win. Networking, cold calling, research for leads, calling friends for referrals? YUCK!

The problem is if you do not do at least one of these continuously then your business will never be stable, reliable or even really fulfilling because you will always be worried where the next piece of business is coming from. This sales pipeline is the life blood of every business. Knowing your effectiveness is key.

Do you know how to calculate your effectiveness? Do you know how many people you need to speak to or connect with to produce business?

You can easily calculate exactly how many businesses and people you need to speak to in order to reach your million dollar goals. It is all math, but almost no one does it. Most business owners or sales people guess, or hope, or pray. They don't do the math. They don't take the time to figure it out and work smartly. The funny thing is this is what I tell my clients to do. I even sit with them and calculate it, but when it comes to running my business I blow it off like it doesn't matter and it won't make a difference.

I promise taking the time to do this thinking and planning will take all the stress and craziness out of your day to day business. It will bring freedom and play.

"Do something. Anything. Inspiration seldom generates action. Action always creates inspiration." -- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment